Monday, October 10, 2011

October

Well here we are, a day after Isaac's 10 month birthday. Hard to believe he's going to be a year old so soon! He babbles all the time and a lot of the time it sounds like he's saying Daddy or Dada, but he hasn't figured out what he's saying yet. Johnny is enjoying teaching at Conestoga HS. He even gets to be the science olympiad coach for the middle schools which he's really excited about. I've never been involved in science olympiad, so I'm not sure what all it entails, but Isaac and I will definitely be there to cheer him on!

I still haven't found a job for myself. I really want to work in the ER and only a few times a month during the school year and it's been more difficult then I've anticipated. I've also applied to work at the YMCA teaching swim lessons so we'll see if that works out.

We love where we live. We live only a few miles from Valley Forge State Park and if the path under the turnpike underpass weren't washed out, we could walk there! We always drive home from church through the park and it's really relaxing. Our apartment is covered by trees and although we are really close to the turnpike, we don't notice the noise too much. Our apartment is technically a two-bedroom apartment but it has a really cool loft which we've made our office. The only stinky thing is that there is only a railing for protection from falling off so Isaac isn't allowed up here so when we're alone all day, it's hard to get work done.

I've already said Isaac loves to babble but he's also starting to figure out walking. He's got the strength in his legs and he's constantly pulling himself up on things but he doesn't have the courage to walk yet. Sometimes I'll be holding him and let go so he'll stand there for a second before he figures out he's not holding anything and he lowers himself to the ground. He weighs 22 pounds already so I really want to not carry him as much but I'm not looking forward to have to chase him all over the house!

I think that about sums up our lives at the moment. We never got our Nikon fixed but our old Fujifilm camera has been found so I'll be posting pictures and videos of Isaac soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment