Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Isaac-the Toddler


Well I haven't updated this in a long time and Isaac keeps growing up and I'm not keeping record of the cute things he does. So I am trying again to update this better so somewhere I write down the things I want to remember. He is walking really well now. Last week I started a part-time job and my parents watched him. While playing with his grandfather, Isaac learned to walk backwards and had a HUGE grin on his face because he was so proud of himself. We're very proud of him too. :) He's learned how to ask for things by saying "eh!" and pointing with two fingers the general direction of the item he desires. He also knows who Mommy and Daddy are. Yesterday Johnny said, "Where's Daddy?" and Isaac leaned toward Johnny and it sounded like he said "You!" in his little baby talk. Then Johnny asked, "Where's Mommy?" and Isaac held me tighter. Then Johnny asked, "Where's Isaac?" and that was just too confusing for him. :) He's also learned how to pray....kind of. Anytime we say "prayer," Isaac folds his arms and sometimes bows his head (never closes his eyes) except when he's too distracted by food or he's upset about something. We were visiting the Kelley's last week and while he was playing with cousin Johnny, Isaac started to "pray." He's such a sweet little boy. He also has a board book with pictures of Christ that he really likes and he points to Christ in most of the pictures. His attempts at speaking English are so cute! Almost everything and everyone is "Da da" at some point. Isaac does know however if I put him in his high chair and go somewhere else how to yell "Ma ma ma mum mum!" Isaac is really good at playing with his toys and sharing. He even shares all the food he doesn't want to eat with anyone that's close by. He gets together a lot with his friends William and Olivia, but he doesn't know how to say their names yet. I just love this little boy and hope I'm a good mother to him.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like Isaac is being so cute! I can't believe he's a toddler now and not a baby! They grow up so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I like your banner at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Thanks for the updates. It's great to hear all the fun things he's doing, since we can't see him so often anymore...take care! Miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a stinkin cute mental picture of Isaac running around everywhere and doing extreme walking with his forward and backward walks. Next, he'll do a somersault! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete