Isaac was a very brave boy today at the doctor's office! He was hungry just as it was time to go to the doctor's, so he was a little fussy but I fed him a bottle there. We changed his diaper just before he was weighed and he weighed in at.....12 lbs 9 oz! He's a growing boy! That's the 72nd percentile in weight so the doctor said he's growing well. His height is even better. He's about 25 inches which is almost in the 99th percentile! He's going to be one tall man if he keeps that up. His head circumference was about 14 inches I think which is the 52nd percentile.
The doctor checked him out and we talked about feeding, how to get him sleeping better, and what to expect in his development. Then the nurses came in and attacked! They had to give him 3 shots and one medicine he swallowed. Two nurses came in and gave the shots almost all at the same time, one in his left leg and two in the right. Isaac screamed just when he was getting the shots, then stopped as soon as I picked him up. I'm glad he handled it so well otherwise Mom might have also been crying! The doctor said he might be fussy for the next day or so, so I think I might let him cry himself to sleep in his crib in a couple days.
Isaac has been such a happy baby. He hardly ever cries now when we change his diaper, he usually smiles and makes noises at us. Last night, he even handled his bath super well until he was unwrapped from his towel for an extended period of time because he urinated all over it!
Yesterday was a fun day. Isaac started the day by spitting up all over the floor then down Mommy's shirt! At least I got to shower before the evening. :) Then his diapers just would not hold his urine or stool so we had to keep changing his clothes. Thank goodness he's a boy so most of his clothes are dark and don't stain. :) Today has been much better, mainly because we bought the diapers we like better so they're holding pee and poo better.
Johnny is busy doing his student teaching, taking an English class, and trying to apply to schools. We thought we had a solid job opening in Kutztown, PA but they said they don't want him to apply until he has his PA certification which he cannot do until he graduates in April. There are a few other school districts that said he can apply and they'll let him know if something opens up, so that's what we're doing now. I hate this stage of life where we have plans we'd like to do, but we just have to wait and pray until something works out. I like to have everything set in stone but I guess I wouldn't be learning faith if that's how life worked.
I'm tired a lot but also itching to leave the house more. Once the weather improves, I think Isaac and I will be going on lots of outings. Hopefully that will be sooner than later!
No comments:
Post a Comment