I love all the times we have with Isaac. Tonight, Johnny and I were just sitting on the couch making faces and noises at Isaac forever! I look at pictures of newborn Isaac and almost 2 month old Isaac and I can't believe how much he has changed! I really love this time I have at home with him and will really miss it (even though right now I'm dying for him to be older and sleep longer!)
Isaac has had lots of boy experiences lately. Last Friday, we went to a model train exhibition and got to look at all kinds of neat model trains. There was even a really big one made all of Legos! We went with Rich and Kirsti and their nephew Joshua as well. It was fun to see all the boys enjoying all the trains.
Last Monday, Isaac met another baby for the first time. Johnny's hometeachee's had a baby boy and since his companion wasn't around, Isaac and I got to go. Isaac slept for a lot of the visit, but when he woke up he leaned as far forward as he could to stare at their son. It was adorable! Then their son and Isaac had a pooping fest (they seemed to try and out-do each other!) Crazy boys. :)
It amazes me how much love I can have for little Isaac. I feel like my whole heart belongs to this little guy after such a small amount of time. I've also been thinking a lot about Heavenly Father and Christ. It's amazing that Heavenly Father allows us the opportunity to raise our own children. I was staring at Isaac as he slept on my chest tonight and thought that I wish I could protect him from all the bad things in this world. I worry that I'll be a bad parent and not teach him well and he'll end up in a bad crowd or doing bad things. Then I thought of the war in heaven and how Heavenly Father loves us just as I love Isaac and doesn't want us to mess up or do bad things either, but He knew that for us to be happy and gain eternal, celestial lives, He had to give us the opportunity to make mistakes. I'm so grateful to have the scriptures and prophets/apostles to help me become more like Heavenly Father and be a better parent.
Thanks for sharing these thoughts. I also want to protect my John A. from all the evil and sadness in the world, but I know that he will need opportunities to choose for himself between good and evil.
ReplyDeleteI love it that Isaac was fascinated by the other baby. So cute!
Owen: Our little Johnny was a restless little one at night during the first months. Genevieve and I took turns holding and walking him around at 2 AM until he would finally fall asleep, usually on top of one of us. In the pitch darkness of 2AM you have plenty of time to think about what your baby means to you. Then, when he finally falls asleep you know its because he feels safe with you. That's so cool it doesn't matter that you're more exhausted than you knew you could be.
ReplyDelete