Isaac finally got to spend sometime outside today since it was BEAUTIFUL weather! We walked around a park in Orem with Isaac in the Moby wrap. He wasn't sure how to deal with all the sunlight. We tried to take a family picture with the mountains in the background, but he fell asleep and would not wake up.
The past few days we've been trying to get Isaac to sleep in his crib. It has been SO hard! Last night we put him in the crib and he cried for 30 minutes straight until we finally came back in and gave him his pacifier. It's so hard for me because I hate to hear him cry and be so sad, but we can't let him continue sleeping with us especially since I'm going to work soon. Sometimes I feel like I've been a bad parent because everyone in my ward uses this method of baby-rearing called "Babywise" where they put their baby on a strict schedule from birth where they eat, play, then sleep and miraculously their babies are sleeping through the night by 2 months. I guess I'm a bad parent because I couldn't be that regimented with Isaac so young. Even now I hate to let him cry too long because he's so small. We're going to keep trying to put him down for naps and nighttime and hopefully he'll get to used to it soon.
I was just called as a Visiting Teaching Supervisor and we had a training meeting today. The Relief Society President shared a quote with us from the handbook about leadership which said, "This pattern-being a faithful disciple in order to help other become faithful disciples-is the purpose behind every calling in the church." It occurred to me tonight that this also applies to parenting. I'm so worried about being a bad parent and not raising my children well. If I focus on strengthening my testimony and improving myself, my children will learn mainly by my example.
I hope this video works. Leave a comment if it play.
No comments:
Post a Comment