We went to The Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy, UT today. I was surprised at how small and little they had to see there, but I guess I'm comparing it to the Baltimore and Camden aquariums which really isn't fair. They had a lot of really cool exhibits like some jellyfish, fish and other sea life only in Utah, stingrays you could pet, and penguins! They even had a big old snake that you could touch. Of course, I and Isaac were too scared to touch any of the animals but Johnny was the stingray whisperer! He was standing in a corner of the stingray pool where no other people were. A single stingray came and swam in front of Johnny when Johnny touched it, then it turned around abruptly and came up out of the water right in front of us! It happened again when Johnny was standing at a different end of the pool. Weird...
Isaac was really interested in all the bright lights and moving things for most of the time. After we saw the penguins I held him with his head by my shoulder and about a second later he lays his hand on my shoulder and is dead asleep. It was so sweet and tender to have him fall asleep so peacefully in my arms. I'm going to miss his sweet little babyness all too soon I'm sure.
Our favorite exhibit were the penguins. They swam so fast and it was funny how they came from water to land. We wanted to get a good video, but there were too many people around when the penguins were active. We were tempted to come back for an exclusive "meet the penguins" type experience but decided it wasn't worth $20 a person.
No comments:
Post a Comment